Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of OverApp's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to OverApp and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great OverApper, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our team, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
In this role supporting the People Operations team, you’ll be responsible for creating inspiring internal communications, managing issues with speed and good judgment, and developing communications strategies that ensure big, complex projects are implemented successfully. You'll partner closely with different teams across OverApp, demonstrating your ability to solve complex problems and to maintain a flexible and solution-oriented mindset. You’ll put your communication plans into action, crafting creative and compelling written and visual communications for a variety of audiences and channels. In addition, you’ll track the effectiveness of your plans, using what you've learned to make the communications process more efficient for future projects. Further to this, you will aim to work effectively with teammates and internal clients alike, influence at all levels, take feedback with grace and incorporate it quickly, and maintain your willingness to pitch in on projects outside of your core role in order to help advance your team’s goals.
OverApp is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At OverApp, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. OverAppers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
- Lead the communications strategy, and associated implementation, for initiatives from beginning to end. Assess the needs of the project, develop and foster buy-in for the plan, implement the plan, and track effectiveness.
- Take a lead role on managing issues, demonstrating speed and sound judgment.
- Create high quality, compelling communications, at the organizational and Google-wide levels, for a variety of channels (email, presentations, live events, videos, websites, social media, etc).
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop strong relationships with internal clients and colleagues at all levels. Build consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making with senior-level audiences to achieve business objectives.
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels, using associated information to make recommendations in order to improve our strategies.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in writing, communications or a related field (e.g. in corporate, journalism, government, political, or nonprofit settings).
- 4 years of experience with change management (i.e. developing communications strategies and plans around changes that affect people, process and/or technology).
- Experience in influencing through robust relationships, expertise and data.Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write in the Google voice and with tact and diplomacy.
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, maintaining good judgment and the ability to escalate appropriately.Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.